The Little Rock Police Department offers some of the best pay and benefits in the state and region. We also offer $5,000 moving incentives.
Employment benefits include all uniforms at no-cost, health insurance provided at a moderate cost and life insurance at no-cost, sick and vacation days and retirement and disability benefits.
There are many career paths you can take within the Little Rock Police Department.
Specialized assignment positions include SWAT, Motors, K-9, Hit & Run, River Market, Mounted Patrol, Community Resource, School Resource, Airport, Street Crimes, OK and GEMS Program, Detective Units (Major Crimes, Property Crimes, Narcotics, Intelligence, Gun Crimes, Vice, Task Force, Tech/Camera, Abatement, NIBIN), Training Unit, Technology (Real Time Crime), Warrants Officer, Wellness Unit, Accreditation and 21st Century Policing
How much could you expect to receive if you meet our requirements and join the force for good?
Use this salary calculator to see (based on 2019 LRPD recruit salary and benefits data):
Police Recruit– Benefits and Incentives
- Health, Dental, and Optical Insurance: Provided at a moderate cost.
- Life and AD&D, Employee Only Coverage, No Cost to you!
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): 100% paid by the City, for employee and family,
- Longevity pay
- Enrollment in Retirement Plan after graduation from academy.
- Generous vacation, sick leave and discretionary time off
- Uniforms provided by the City
- Career Development and Education Incentive Pay
- Residency Incentive Program up to $5,000.00 (1 time)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical/Dep. Care)
- $10,000 Recruitment incentive payable upon academy graduation
*Upon academy completion and subject to pre-defined requirements/restrictions