The Little Rock Police Department offers some of the best pay and benefits in the state and region. We also offer $5,000 hiring and moving incentives.
Employment benefits include all uniforms at no-cost, health and life insurance at no-cost, sick and vacation days and retirement and disability benefits.
There are many career paths you can take within the Little Rock Police Department.
Specialized assignment positions include: K9 Officers, Mounted Patrol Officers, Motorcycle Officers, School Resource Officers, SWAT Officers, Community Oriented Police Officers (COPP) and various Detectives (homicide, violent crimes, robbery, narcotics, etc.).
How much could you expect to receive if you meet our requirements and join the force for good?
Use this salary calculator to see (based on 2019 LRPD salary and benefits data):
Police Officer – Benefits and Incentives
- $5000.00 Academy Completion Incentive (1 time)*
- Health, Dental, and Optical Insurance: Employee Only Coverage, No Cost to you!
- Life and AD&D, Employee Only Coverage, No Cost to you!
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): 100% paid by the City, for employee and family,
- Longevity pay
- Retirement Plan
- Generous vacation, sick leave and discretionary time off
- Sick Leave Incentive Program
- Uniforms provided by the City
- Career Development and Education Incentive Pay
- Residency Incentive Program up to $5,000.00 (1 time)
- Police Recruit Referral Program $500.00
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical/Dep. Care)
*Upon academy completion and subject to pre-defined requirements/restrictions